Sunday, November 2, 2008

Task 23: Summarise your thoughts - Feedback

Overall time
Some tasks took me a lot longer than I thought and others were quicker. It would be difficult in a work place to just put aside a set time for the tasks. I would have found it difficult to stop a task if I was having trouble getting my head around the instructions (or lack thereof) if I had to stop and then start again the next day. So what I did was to look at a task and then finish it. If it was a short one I would try a 2nd task but if it took me a while I would just do 1 at a time.

Relevance of the tools
In relation to the Library and students, I thought Podcasts, RSS feeds, Wiki, Blogs would be useful. On a personal note, I liked Lifelong learning (even though the southern accent was annoying), Flickr, LibriVox, GoogleMAPS, iGoogle, and YouTube (for fun). Like Rockchicklibrarian I ended up in FaceBook and spent some time there and will return.

Specific Difficulties
Some of the tasks had confusing instructions - or perhaps that's not fair because it was the web site for the task that was confusing.

Overall view
I thought the whole process was very worthwhile. I might not return to some areas covered in the tasks but at least I now know about them.

No comments: